Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Vanessa Frankestein / Sadie Frost as Lucy Westenra

Lucy Westenra Dracula Coppola
Sadie Frost as Lucy Westenra
by Vanessa Frankestein


Inspire me will be a new category on my blog where I can talk about people, movies, music, etc. that keep inspiring me. I think this is very exciting because I get inspired by SO many things every day of my life. The way I dress or the way I do my hair is a result of so many influences which are worth to be named here. There is no ranking or something like that. I’m just going to talk about issues that come to my mind.

Lucy Westenra Dracula Coppola
Sadie Frost as Lucy with Winona Ryder as Mina Harker
 This time, it’s Sadie Frost as Lucy Westenra in Francis Ford Coppola’s Bram Stoker's Dracula from 1992. 

Let’s just start by saying that I love Bram Stoker’s novel. It’s actually one of my favorite novels of all time. Coppola’s movie is my favorite adaption of the novel because unlike all the others it really tells (well more or less) what the novel is about. 

Lucy Westenra Dracula Coppola
Sadie Frost and Coppola
 Gary Oldman is rad as the monstrous Count Dracula. I love his hairstyle in the beginning of the movie. Moreover Coppola’s Dracula is full of amazing costumes, for example Draculas red armour and all dresses worn by Lucy and Mina. 

Well despite Oldman’s fantastic performance my favorite character has to be Lucy Westenra. She is the red-headed seductive siren. Coppola eroticized her much further than her literary incarnation but you know… Read between the lines of the novel and you know what Coppola is talking about. 



 
 

Lucy Westenra Dracula Coppola

Lucy Westenra Dracula Coppola

I love everything about Lucy. She is not only beautiful but also a very interesting character. The way she drives all men mad with her naughty attitude is just hilarious. 
I always loved the scene (since I was a little teenage girl) in which Lucy sleepwalks in the garden in her amazing red nightgown. I found it on YouTube and though the quality is horrible one can still see how fantastic this scene is. 

But let’s not forget her last scene when she is already transformed into a vampire and is wearing this incredible wedding gown. How can someone not fall in love with her? I mean, honestly. 

Lucy Westenra Dracula Coppola

Lucy Westenra Dracula Coppola

Sadie Frost will definitely be my favorite Lucy until the end of time.  Are you a Dracula fan, too?

Vanessa Frankenstein Lucy Westenra Creep Street
Fangirling in my Lucy Shirt by Creep Street
Vanessa Frankestein

No comments:

Post a Comment